In the 1970s, PFI pioneered the concept of lender-placed insurance. Today PFI partners with over 1,500 mortgage servicers, banks, credit unions, investors and property managers on a national basis.
PFI began in Detroit, Michigan as a real estate and insurance organization formed in 1884 under Homer Warren & Company. PFI continued to grow and innovate, pioneering the concept of lender-placed insurance (also known as force-placed insurance) in the 1970s. Over the past 45 years, PFI has established itself as a market leader providing servicing solutions and competitive products to satisfy the business needs for its clients.
Today, PFI is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brown & Brown, Inc. (NYSE: BRO). Among the top 10 insurance intermediaries in the world, Brown & Brown continues to invest in PFI’s technology, people and infrastructure to enhance the client and borrower experience.
Competitive Insurance Products
PFI has unparalleled access to diversified insurance capacity with six insurance carrier partners rated AM Best “A” or better. PFI’s superior risk management programs protect residential, commercial, mobile home, condominium, and real estate owned (REO) properties and include:
- Mortgage Guard® – Lender-Placed Hazard & Optional Premises Liability
- Bridge60® – Lender-Placed Flood
- REO Guard® – Real Estate Owned Hazard & Optional Premises Liability
- Portfolio Guard® – Blanket Hazard for Residential & Commercial Properties
- EquiShield® – Blanket Hazard for Residential & Home Equity Loans
- Mortgage Impairment Errors & Omissions – Physical Damage and Errors & Omissions
- Excess Flood – Excess Insurance Over NFIP Limits